A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Big Changes!

I’ve been a busy gal since I last checked in… the big news is that I got a new job! I’ve really known in my heart for the past 6 months that I was ready to move on to the next opportunity, but didn’t find the right fit until this past month. I’m very excited about my new job – I’m working for a regional consulting company and heading up their marketing / graphic design efforts and helping to write proposals. In a nutshell, I’m working closer to home, getting a salary increase, getting more vacation and better benefits, and re-focusing on doing what I love to do. I am so very excited.

The best decision I made during the negotiating process was to ask for two weeks off after leaving the old job and before starting the new job. I was desperately in need of recharging the mental and creative batteries and this would give me a great opportunity to start fresh.

During the first week (last week), I kept myself busy with marketing, design work, and strategizing for my pearls company, Black Lotus Designs. Cait, Kim, and I are very excited about our prospects this summer and throughout 2007. I spent a weekend with them in Philly, hanging at the farm and working on more pearl stuff. We also played homeopathic healer with a nasty boil that I am fighting which turned out to be MRSA (staph)… thanks again for your help, guys, during this nastiness.

For the second week, I flew out to Los Angeles to spend a sunny week on vacation with Marcia and Emily. More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home