A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

I spent the last week in Las Vegas on a work trip (not too shabby!). Since the company rented our condo for the entire week, a few of my co-workers and myself went out early to relax and take on the town. I left Dan on Friday and flew to Las Vegas with Vince (relatively new coworker). We met up with Scott (coworker), John (brand new coworker), and Danielle (Scott's gf) on the Strip. They're all 23-24 and fun.

They had big plans for the evening and I was in the mood to drink and dance, so I agreed to joining them. It's kind of funny... my co-workers are all nice, agreeable people, but I have very little in common with them (they're Armani - I'm thrift store. They're hip hop listeners - I'm into acoustic folk and Jimmy Buffett. etc.). Still, I had a fun time dancing till dawn with them at Jet (the club in the Mirage).

The highlight of the week was the food - five-star restaurants every night and some of the most fantastic food and fine wine (I have a totally new appreciation for Pinot Noir) I've ever tasted. Whoo hoo, business expense account! True to form, however, the best meal of my week was the $15 Cuban food Emmy and I bought in the 'hood in L.A. (see next blog entry). I think I just love real life and real living... and five-star life just doesn't seem all that real to me.

After a grueling work week, Emmy rolled into town (L.A. is only 4 hours from Vegas!!) and whisked me off in Sammy (her Suburu) through the desert to Hollywood and our next adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home