A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Friday, March 03, 2006

York, PA is the Twilight Zone

I drive a lot with my job, so I tend to witness some very odd things on the road.

In the past year, I have indeed seen some weird things. Last spring, I went to pass a little Geo Metro on the highway and looked over and saw a clown. Yes, a clown. He was driving and in full make-up and clothing. Odd.

Then, this past month I've seen TWO different people puking out their car windows (mid-day) while sitting in standing traffic (unrelated incidents).

But the strangest thing I've ever seen was something I saw this morning on my drive in to work...

There was this really old guy with white hair driving a beat up gray Ford Ranger pickup truck with a wide blue stripe. The truck looked to be about 20 years old and reminded me of the truck my dad used to own. The man was pretty beat up himself. He looked like a farmer - work jeans, striped shirt, and a floppy brown Ernest Hemmingway "dust bowl" type of hat.

Then I noticed what he was transporting in the bed of his truck.... a gigantic pile of dead chickens. I kid you not. The entire truck bed was filled with them. All I could make out was white feathers and feet.

And no, I didn't notice if the chickens had large talons.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've seen a clown riding the subway before. As usual, people pretended not to notice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home