A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Family is about love.

I've decided in the past few years that family is definitely not defined merely by blood ties - family is defined by love. Family is about nurturing. Family is about people who are dedicated to your well-being for no personal gain of their own, but mainly because they care. It's about love.

I firmly believe in this. I believe that the lives of adopted children can be just as fulfilling and full of care and support as kids who grow up in their natural families. Their lives can be just as meaningful and they can have the same quality of relationships as kids that grow up in their natural homes. It's about love.

I have many families in my life. I have my immediate family and my extended family, of course. But I also have my family of girlfriends. I have my family of high school friends. I have my family of college friends. I have my family of skating friends. And now I have my Frog & Toads family (*see pic of F&T dinner). What more does one really need than that? Love is definitely what life is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home