A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Life List

Life List - n. A list of personal dreams or anticipated goals that one intends to accomplish in his/her lifetime.


For me, life is about passion and commitment, both to yourself and to the people you love. I believe that everyone should have a life list for this reason. I think it's important to think about the grand scheme of things. Here is my life list as of April 2006:

1) Hike In/ Hike Out to Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon.
2) Drive the Mother Road (Rt. 66) from start to finish. (THIS SUMMER!)
3) Drive the Pacific Coast Highway (2007?)
4) Drive Rt. 50 from coast to coast.
5) Visit all 50 states before I turn 50.
6) Visit Salt Lake City, UT to float on my back and read a newspaper in the lake.
7) Live in a foreign country for at least a year.
8) Teach my kids Spanish to ensure they are bilingual.
9) Charter a boat for 2 weeks and sail the Caribbean, Jimmy Buffett style.
10) Own a sailboat and learn to sail.
11) Write a book.
12) Experience either El Dia de los Muertos (Halloween) or la Pascua (Easter) in Mexico.
13) Learn to throw pottery.
14) Refurbish and live in an old farm house for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home