A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Day 7: Final Day in Paradise















Today was our final day in the Bahamas. Dan and I had such a great time snorkeling on Rose Island on Monday that we tried to do it again on our own. We rented gear and walked a mile down the shoreline past the resorts (Atlantis, bayside pictured above) ... the surf was heavier than we anticipated and we were too scared to swim out from the beach too far without a boat or life preserver close by (these beaches down here are ROCKY, people, and I wouldn't be able to perform a water rescue on my boyfriend).

Still, we splashed around in a GORGEOUS cove that we discovered and picked up some lovely shells. Miguel came with us and tried to bring Kristi back for a picnic lunch for the four of us, and was detained at the edge of the Atlantis property where there is construction going on. Apparently none of us were supposed to be where we were because it is a construction zone.















Atlantis Lagoon
















Waterfall at Atlantis

So we spent the rest of the day by the lagoon, just hanging out. We did the water park at Atlantis (very fun... we rode innertubes through protected water tubes right in the middle of the shark tanks!) and later ate dinner together at a local restaurant, Bimini Road. I had some conch fritters in honor of Cait and the Conch Republic. The last night of vacation was spent hanging in K & M's room, finishing our Corona from the night before and listening to the soul band music coming from the grounds outside.

This trip was just about perfect.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Emmy said…

    I'll just leave all my comments on one place:

    Nassau, Nassau.

    I would LOVE to walk down the aisle to a steel drum.

    I LOVE Dan's flip flops.

    Inner tubing in a shark tank sounds totally awesome and I wanna see a back-flipping manta ray too!

    But I'm glad to have you home, roomie! Spark!

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Emmy said…

    Oh, and Marcia and I are hooked on Nip/Tuck. The more scandalous, the better.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Emily,
    no fair... you stole my comment.

    nassau, nassau

     

Post a Comment

<< Home