A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Working the Chain Gang

I had an all-American weekend this past weekend. It was pretty low-key and relaxing, but much needed after my frenzied schedule of the last few weeks.

I went to Doug and Dave's show (co-headlined it) at a local coffee shop on Friday and it was excellent, as usual. I am becoming quite the coffee shop frequenter. Afterward, Doug, Lexie and I rented a movie (the Matador) and ate "tapas" (really, just some homemade popcorn and chips/salsa) sitting on my living room floor. "The Matador" was bizarre but hilarious - complete 21-humor if you're interested in seeing it.

Saturday was a busy day. I met up with Dan and Erika for lunch, and then we went shopping and saw Lady in the Water. We all liked it a lot - it is much better than the critics make it out to be.

The most exciting part of my weekend was Saturday night. Dan and my friend Brian called and asked us if we were interested in volunteering at the Piranhas game Saturday night (the semi-pro football team that plays in Harrisburg). We helped out and got to be the chain crew marking the downs!! It was SO cool and we had a great time. I even got my ass slapped by some dude running off the field (and my boyfriend just laughed, go figure).

On that note, I am so excited for football... college, pro, you name it. Dan and I are READY! (i'm actually venturing to the world of fantasy football this season, believe it or not!)

We grabbed a late dinner at Coakley's Saturday night and slept in until 11:30 on Sunday. I spent the day cleaning, running errands, and washing my car. Dan and I grilled out with my 'rents Sunday night. It was a gorgeous night for a cookout and we had a lovely time.

CAN'T wait for Father Folk next weekend.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Emmy said…

    Wish I could come to Father Folk. A big hell yeah for football - and Marcia's TV will be sweet for game viewing, as long as I don't have to work. Miss you madly!

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi...I'm headed to Father Folk as well and all the way from Massachusetts too. I found your page Googling for Father Folk. I seem to recall they had a page, once. I may have lost my invite and I'm looking for directions. I know someone I can get them from but I figured what a fun way and different way to go by asking here.

    Cheers.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Kristina said…

    Some FFF directions for those who are planning on attending!

    Directions: (warning... these will take you into the middle of Reading farm country...)
    Exit the PA Turnpike at Exit 286, the Reading exit (NOT the Morgantown exit). After exiting the Turnpike, go NORTH (on Rt. 222?) for a few miles. Turn onto Rt. 568 (you will know you're approaching it because of all the construction). Rt. 568 is a winding road. Go about 2 miles until you come to a red light (intersection with Rt. 625). Continue on 568. You will go down a long hill and come to a split in the road at a big sandstone church. Veer to the LEFT. Drive a few more miles, a few more crossroads. Pass the Maple Grove crossroad. You will come to a split rail horse pasture on the LEFT as the road straightens. Make a left onto Candy Road and pass 2 barns. Make a right at the upper driveway and continue in. Park anywhere in the field. The venue is straight ahead and down the hill.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home