A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

This One's For Phil

So my brother-in-law (more or less since he married one of my best friends), Phil, told me over the holidays that I don't blog enough any more. That's a nice way for saying, "Hey, Kristina, you haven't written anything for six months, slacker, and I miss hearing what you're up to!" In actuality, I'm really just kind of over the whole blogging thing. I don't like coming across preachy/braggy/etc. and that's what these things seem like they become after a while.

Still, I owe you one, so this one's for you, Phil!

It's been an incredibly busy 6 months for me with lots of good things. In a nutshell:

--Have been coaching bball non-stop for a year. Lovely little girls, but lots of commitment. It's ok, though, because I really feel like it's a small way to give back positive impact to the community and the future.

--I'm also involved with a great organization that helps underpriviledged women get back on their feet and start a career. It's inspiring, and I'm excited to be heading up some volunteering efforts at work for this cause!

--Had a great trip to New Orleans for my birthday. I had a blast hanging with Cait, eating yummy food, and taking in the local vibe. I can't wait to go back (hopefully with Dan in tow) and get involved in some sort of project.

--Still selling pearls with Cait and Kim and doing well.

--The fairly new (as of June) full-time job is awesome... doing exactly what I want to be doing, but doing it for a lot more hours/week than I expected. I've been working some crazy hours and driving myself half insane, but I'm learning a lot and it's all helping to prepare me for the next step in my career.

--Doing some freelance work with my new friend, Jerry. Good times and good money!

--I'm moving! My lovely man, Dan, and I are renting a house together. Excited excited to be under the same roof and to actually see him again (a problem when you work a lot) and to eat hot meals (he's an excellent cook). And although he hasn't said it, I know he's excited to have someone clean his bathroom and make sure he has clean underwear at all times. A match made in heaven.

--Got to see out-of-towners Marcia, Em, Apryle, Phil, America, and Sean over Christmas. It was so nice to catch up with you all!

Hope this finds everyone well!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very much appreciated. :)

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So good to hear what's going on with you! We need to pencil in a date to get together with the boys! It's been WAY too long! Give me a call when you have an opportunity.
    Much love!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home