A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Monday, April 10, 2006

A Busy But Very Happy Weekend















Thunder 2005 /2006 - My girls! Gotta love them!


On to happier things! I had a great weekend. I went drinking on Friday night with a few old friends and one very cool new friend. Good guys - good times. Then I spent the rest of the weekend helping Dan move. He was forced to move out of the house he was renting because the land was sold. Progress is so sad sometimes.

So I spent my weekend with him, helping to clean and freshen up his new apartment and make it a home. And a gorgeous home at that (complete with giant windows and crown molding)! After much scrubbing and sweeping, the bright apartment was finally ready for his furniture. Lots of hands helped to make Saturday go by quickly... and it was very nice hanging out with Erika and finally meeting Steve (drunken phone exchanges don't count).

I took a break Saturday night to go ice skating with my rec league basketball team. I decided to throw an end-of-the-year party for them to get together as a group one last time so we rented the "Puddle," the small private rink at my local skating complex. All the kids brought snacks to share, and Emmy and I brought a gallon and a half of hot chocolate. I think everyone really enjoyed themselves, and the parents were so appreciative. I got so many thank yous for donating my time and efforts to their daughters - it truly made me feel like this is what volunteering is all about... touching the lives of others in a postive way.

Dan and I spent Sunday by ourselves unpacking and setting the place up. At the end of the day he cooked dinner for me (I'll never get over how great it is to date a fantastic cook) and then we painted Easter eggs and watched kung fu. Doesn't get much better than that. :-)

OH! FROG & TOADS starts this week! SOOOO excited to see all the guys again! I can't believe I'm not a tadpole anymore...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home