A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter

Christmas is probably my favorite time of year overall. In regards to individual holiday days, however, Easter is my favorite. Maybe it's because Christmas has become so commercialized that it's difficult to feel the quiet, beautiful religious undertones in it all. Perhaps it's because my Grandma (she's an angel now) always loved Easter and so many of my past Easters involved spending time with her (I think part of me feels really close to her this time of year because of it). I'm not entirely sure... but I feel like there's just something so revitalizing about Easter. After all that darkness and sadness of Lent, Easter brings us light. It truly is a season of rebirth and redemption on all levels.

I spent my weekend making peanut butter eggs with the family and then hanging out with the Niebels. Sandy and I chatted and cooked all day Saturday- so nice and relaxing! We fit in some shopping in the evening and some Nittany Lion graduation pics (cannot believe Doug and Ben are graduating in a month) and an evening of celebration at the Phyrst.

Easter Sunday was lovely - the music, the lillies, the family togetherness, the whole feeling... I love that 2,000 years later, we probably celebrate with the same passion that early Christians did. What a binding tie of the ages!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger trytounderstand said…

    ... completely agree with you, about Easter being less *commercial* than Xmas. Unfortunately this is becoming not true anymore, at least here in Italy, but, probably, each holyday is taking its share of profitable stuff...
    Very nice blog, I am not very good in english speaking, but I will give a look here, if you like.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here! Here! I came off this weekend feeling very rejuvenated, full of faith, and ready for the joy of the warm weather months, etc.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home