A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Odds and Ends of Day #110

We are 110 days into 2006 already- can you believe it? Spring is finally making itself known in Central Pennsylvania. I had the moonroof open today in my car (which, by the way, if you have the option to upgrade to a moonroof and a kick ASS stereo system with ipod plugin capabilities package in your new car, DO IT. The best $1500 ever spent!) and was enjoying the glorious sunshine.

And I had one of those life moments. You know what I'm talking about. One of those moments that you realize that you may not have all the answers, you may never have all the answers, but your life is definitely in the right place, heading in the right direction, with the right people involved in the whole affair. I smiled as I drove because I realized I am well on my way to making 2006 the best of my life- a year of freedom and happiness and celebration, free from the self-doubt and misery that having the wrong people around inevitably brings about.

It's a year of true rejuvenation. :-)

I'm really excited for my vacations most of all. Planning is coming along well ... the girls and I have our route chosen for the cross-country road trip which will happen in July - Rt. 66, the Mother Road. We will be driving from PA to LA to help Emmy and Marcia settle in to their new home. I am very happy for them because this is where they need to be... but I will be sad to have them so far away.

But then there are the weddings! 3 this year for me - #1 Curtis (PSU prof/ friend). #2 Apryle & Phil (Wild Red... a hometown party). #3 Kristi & Miguel (one of my best college buddies who is marrying another friend of mine! There couldn't be two people nicer or more deserving of each other than Kristi and Miguel. And I hooked those two crazy cats up!).

Curtis' wedding outside of Albany, NY, so I'll get to explore the NY countryside again, but this time with Dan. Apryle's wedding is local and should be as unique and funky as she is. Kristi's wedding is in paradise- Atlantis in the Bahamas.

I'm especially excited for Kristi and Miguel's wedding because I'm tying it into a personal vacation with my boyfriend. As of last week, Dan and I have our villa and our plane tickets reserved! I'm very excited to be see that beautiful crystal-blue Caribbean water again and to share it with him!! Bring on the boat drinks & the Jimmy Buffett tunes!

I continue to raise my glass to 2006!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home