A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

"A Quarter of a Century....It Makes a Girl Think..."




















So I celebrated my 25th birthday on Thursday and received so much love from all of you!! Thanks for thinking of me, guys. I am blessed to have such beautiful people in my life and I love you all so much.

My birthday consisted mainly of eating (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). My friend Connie (from work) bought me some beautiful yellow roses and lilies for my desk and took me out to lunch at one of our favorite neighborhood mom & pops restaurants on Thursday. This place always makes me think of my grandparents, for some reason, so it was nice to have a piece of them with me on my birthday. Connie is thoughtful and sweet and a friend that I am very thankful for (she's the best thing to come out of my post-college work experience thus far).

I went out to dinner with Mom, Dad, and Doug at El Rodeo on Thursday night. El Rodeo is this amazing Mexican restaurant in our area that is probably as close to authentic Mexican food as you're going to get 2,000 miles north of the border. A very nice evening.

Last night was my birthday celebration with Dan. We got dressed up (gown and suit) and went to a late dinner at the Circular Dining Room at the Hotel Hershey (after a quick pre-prom-like stop at the Burlew household so the 'rents could see us in our Sunday finest and take some pics). It was elegant and romantic and very very formal. The food was delicious and my date was second to none :-). Dan bought half a bottle of Cabernet Savignon from somewhere in the Napa Valley to accompany dinner which was also fantastic. We laughed that we unexpectedly purchased a "wine steward" with the bottle. How very "Some Like It Hot" of them! I think we did a pretty good job of "pretending" to be upper class.... if they only knew that we met on the gridiron and fell in love over beer and wings.... haha.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Emmy said…

    I wanna see pictures! Props to Dan for giving you an opp to wear a gown. And I see that you recently saw "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang." What'd you think? I loved it.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Kristina said…

    dude... kiss kiss bang bang was kinda bizarre... haha I can see how you like it thought- it's artsy. ;-)

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Better later than never: Happy b-day!!
    I can read that you a had a great birthday, I'm glad of that...
    My best wishes for you =)

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I went to brunch in the Circular Dining Room back in the day! Very snazzy. :-) Miss you! Call me ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home