A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Penn State Fun on Labor Day Weekend















Everything you need to start a fire... matches, newspaper, a bag of wood, and BEER.

Labor Day weekend was just about perfect. I got to talk to Cait on Friday night for a long time, so that started things off well. On Saturday morning, I got an early start and drove up to Penn State (amidst Hurricane Ernesto's lingering downpour) listening to the Miami/Orange Bowl Power Hour to tailgate for the first game... I'm SO happy it's football season again! I had on several layers and a full rainsuit including overall pants (really sexy, I know), and I still managed to get completely soaked as the day wore on. Still, what's a little rain when the Nittany Lions are in town?

It was a decisive victory: PSU 34 - Akron 16.

I sacked out at Sandy and Joe's house on Saturday night and spent Sunday shopping on campus and walking around with Doug and Lexie (Make sure you check out the new Creamery Building the next time you visit PSU... it's gorgeous.) The three of us met up with Ben, Erika, and Curtis at Cafe 210 for dinner and drinks. This turned out to be more drinking than dinner and spawned a great drunken scheme: Why don't we go get some beer and fire wood and go hike Mt. Nittany in the dark? So we did. It was quite the strenuous hike considering 1) it was pitch black, 2) none of us really knew the exact route, and 3) we were all half in the bag and carrying more beer. I believe drunken Ben said it best: "I have everything I need in the world right here... my girl, my friends, beer, and wood." (yes, there were way too many inappropriate jokes about wood, Ben's sack filled with wood, getting the wood up (the mountain) etc. I know all you sickos were thinking it, too).

Speaking of amusing inappropriate comments, there was another series of discourse on the hike up about who out of the group a wild animal would eat first. Curtis, who is of Asian descent, chimed in (as his name wasn't mentioned) -"Hey! Are you saying wild animals don't eat Chinese?" Doug replied, "Oh yeah... tastes just like Kung Pow Chicken!"

I love my friends.

We built a nice little fire and hung out overlooking State College for a few hours before stumbling back down the mount and heading home. Yes, we made sure the fire was out even though we didn't have water... we'll leave that scene to your imagination.

On Monday, Doug and I went to my friend Joy's picnic. It was really nice to catch up with her and her family and a great ending to our weekend (well, actually the BEST ending was coming home and getting to see Dan. :-) )

Can't wait to kick some IRISH ASS next weekend. Let's Go State!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home