A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Love, Hate and Folk Music

I spent the weekend camping with my family (and Dan and Lexie) at the Father Folk Fest, a wonderful local home-grown folk festival. It did not disappoint.

There is nothing like camping and listening to amazing music with great people! I find that I get so inspired when I spend time with such creative folks... you can just feel the positive vibe in the air. Such love.

I was thinking this weekend about all the different things that have shaped my life in the past 2 years and I realized what a great place, emotionally, I am in right now: I have great local friends, both old and young; I've retained cherished friendships with friends that live far away; my family is steadfast and strong behind me; and I am in love with the funniest, kindest, and most wonderful man I have ever met. I can't be any happier.... I am truly blessed to fill my life with such very beautiful people.

Even so, I sometimes find myself haunted by failures of my past, namely in one past romantic relationship (he is no longer a part of my life). I still harbor some very negative feelings toward this person who has scarred my trusting heart. I don't want to hate him, but it seems to be the indelible residue left by voided love (I was lied to, cheated on, and left to pick up the shattered pieces of myself in a relationship that had apparently been over a long time before on his end).

I am posing this as a general question to all of you: Where does personal absolution come from? I'd like to get rid of this baggage for good... I'm carrying too many good things right now to be bothered by the bad feelings that pop up periodically.

Any ideas for emotional/spiritual cleansing?

Much love to you all.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Emmy said…

    My thoughts: either confront those feelings, or let them go. Like Brooks says - "if you really want control, let everything go." Everyone thinks I should hate TJ for the agony he's put me through, but I just don't. I just let it go. Now, the other "baggage" whose 3-letter name shall remain... uh, nameless...well, that took some confronting. But then you let it go. It's always gonna haunt you, 'cause it was the first. But to what degree is what you decide. It's just the way life is. I love you, babe. I'll just kick the sh*t out of him, if that would work for you. You're my girl, Blue!

     
  • At 2:06 AM, Blogger Cait said…

    mmm the three of us totally fabulous girls have such haunting and unfinished shit with our ex's. i do think the best is just to let them go. we've all stewed over every conceivable option and confrontation and situation over the past year or so... and yes, i think we just need to move on. nothing but time and new experiences will help rebuild the sadness. i say just moving on... and we all know the feelings so well. so we have each other to use when those shitty times come up... til then. keep on keepin on.
    love you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home