A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Moving Right Along



What a weekend! I wasn't sure exactly how my weekend would go after the dramatic display put on by my ex (might I add again how much this just breaks my heart to see him conducting himself like that), but it shaped up to be a lot of fun.

I spent Saturday morning going to yard sales with Dan, Doug, and my mom. It was a good day for me... I'm on a board game binge right now... I bought Cranium, Scattergories, and Balderdash for $7 total! Rock! This means that you all need to come visit me so we can play some games and drink some beer. That is a command, not a request. :-)

On Saturday afternoon, mom, Doug and I drove to Knoebels Grove Amusement Park (2 hours away). It was a gorgeous Pennsylvania day... 85 degrees, clear blue skies, and a gentle breeze. We had a lovely time riding rides and walking around. Great coasters.

I got caught up on Sunday... housework, cooking for the family reunion next weekend, and getting other affairs settled. I even got ambitious and rode my bike to the grocery store (about a 2.5 mile ride each way). I packed my backpack full of groceries and peddled home, questioning the entire way why I had decided to buy so much heavy stuff... seriously, my pack was about 50 lbs.

Doug cooked dinner on Sunday night and Dan and I were invited to join the fam. We ate dinner, watched pre-season football, and played a competitive game of scrabble (thanks to Doug's yard sale purchase!!)

I'm really looking forward to this week... skating on Monday, football on Wednesday, the New Cumberland carnival begins, Curtis gets married, and I get to spend the weekend camping on a farm with my family. Good times. :-)

Oh! And I just applied for my passport for Kristi's wedding. Not only am I excited for the wedding, but for the opportunities I'll have and the places I'll visit now that I'll have a passport! I'm itching to explore again.

Sending love to everyone near and far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home