A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Your New Apartment = Your New Life

I've bit the bullet and I'm moving! Hello, independence (again)! I found a nice one-bedroom place in New Cumberland (ironically, a few blocks from Dan's place).

It's a nice spacious place in the basement of a business ... a 15'x15' kitchen (a GREAT kitchen), a 15'x15' living room, a decent sized full bathroom, and a 9'x12' bedroom. Great closet space... all white ceramic tile floors... decent light for a basement apt... central air/ heating... on-site laundry room... off-street parking... full use of the back yard... all utilities included in the rent except cable tv. Pretty sweet deal.

My biggest gripes on the place are that the living room and kitchen are light paneling (i HATE paneling) and there's a slight smell. I'm thinking it might be because they smoke upstairs and some of it has sunk through the ceiling? Not sure. I am going to purchase an air purifier system to help with that (fingers crossed). But overall, it's a lot of apt. for the $$ and definitely the best I've found in New Cumberland thus far. It'll be a nice little home for me for my first year completely on my own!! (not to mention, will be within walking distance of my prospective new job, too...)

I was a little freaked out when I took Dan to see it after picking up the keys and we found a spider in the living room... it was the size of a 50-cent piece and black and disgusting. I made him kill it. He started to scoop up the remains and said, "Oh wow... I think it's a Brown Recluse...." K- "What does that mean?" D- "Nothing, honey." K- "Does that mean it's poisonous?" D- "Yes." To which I started to cry. But we'll make this work and flush out all the creepy crawlies. No worries. Thank goodness for an awesome boyfriend who always seems to be there when I need him most!

I've decided to paint the bedroom (since it's the only dry-wall room in the place), so that's on deck for next week. I need living room furniture and good lighting, mostly, and have everything else. Time to go shopping! I'm looking for something lightly used that's nice and bright... red, perhaps?

More to come in the way of photos as I get settled in... and I'm planning on having a housewarming party/barbeque when the weather gets nice, so be ready to party it up, guys!

In the words of Dan, "Your New Apartment = Your New Life." Here we go!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Hi Kristina,
    Congratulations for your new apartment! I'd like to live by my own too, but unfortunately here in Mexico is not so easy, you know for the culture thing. My dad would never let me go to live alone, at least is what he says =)
    but is something that I definitely will do.
    I'm from Monterrey, in the north of Mexico. I have never been in the south or specifically on the Yucatan peninsula.
    Mexico has beautiful places to visit, the most common are the beaches: Los Cabos in Baja California, Puerto Vallarta in Jalisco, Playa del Carmen in Campeche, and other cities like Guanajuato, Guadalajara and Monterrey of course ;-)

    Intentaré escribir tanto en inglés como en español, asi podremos seguir practicando las dos, jeje... =)
    Bueno, te mando saludos!
    Byeeeee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home