A Splash of 21 Humor

Make it fun! Life, that is.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Heartfelt Gratitude

Today I wanted to express heartfelt gratitude to all the people who have shown me kindness, most notably right now with my move. I am so touched at all of your generosity, both in spirit, material items, and manpower, and I appreciate you all from the bottom of my heart. I am SO lucky to have the best group of people around me to call family and friends.


Special thanks to:

Mom & Dad- The bedroom furniture helped me out a ton, guys. Mom, your Kohl's discount was amazing and allowed me to furnish the bathroom and living room the way it needed to be done. Also, your cleaning prowess was so helpful in brightening everything up. Dad, thanks for lending your brawn and your truck. You rock.

Doug - You tirelessly did my dishes and spun my tunes. You helped move heavy furniture. And you managed to overflow my toilet the first time you used it. But you are spectacular, Sweetness, and you know it.

Emmy - Thanks for scrubbing the nastiness off my tile floors with me (the lilypads!) and bringing the "gun show" for moving my couch. And a big thanks to your enlisted friend... I appreciate it SO much.

Dan Richard- Thanks for the TV & the table/chairs. A great help as I'm starting out.

Amy & Carole - Thanks for the microwave, floor lamps, and crockpot (pending). You guys are great!

Grandmas & Grandpa - Can you thank your guardian angels? I love using your things - especially the dishes. It makes me feel close to you, even though you're not here with us anymore. And I know you're laughing, Grandma, as I stumble through the kitchen doing stupid things. Thanks for your divine intervention and keeping me from catching the kitchen on fire or blowing the place up. Sending love above.

Jeremy - So sweet, as always! Thank you for your super-thoughtful housewarming gift. I can't wait to finish furnishing home sweet home! As you know, you are always welcome to stay when you're passing through.

Caitlin- How does this girl always know when I need a pick me up? We must be kindred spirits. Even from China, she knows how to time care packages with bad days... Thanks for the AWESOME name stamp. I love it. I miss you terribly, babe and can't wait until you can come hang with me at my new home. There's a tray of nachos with your name on it.

And last but certainly not least... Dan- What can I say? You helped in every capacity and were my main man! From removing the horrible bedroom border to suffering through paint shopping with me (haha), to killing spiders/bugs, to cleaning, to moving heavy stuff, to unpacking and putting the legs on my new furniture, to keeping morale up with your big smile and excellent dinners... you are the best. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home